lilypond-user

Re: Rehearsal mark on right side of measure?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Rehearsal mark on right side of measure?
Date: Sun, 05 May 2024 22:09:46 -0700

On 2024-05-05 6:49 pm, Dirck Nagy wrote:
Hi all

I am using rehearsal marks (\mark \default, to mark off repeated sections as "A", "B", etc., instead of Dal Segno.

One of these sections ends at the end of a line. Is there an easy way to move the rehearsal mark to the right side of the measure, instead of the left? I can't find a command that works.

Or should I be using markup commands instead?

No, \mark for RehearsalMarks is perfectly fine. What you need to do is firstly ensure the \mark command is located at the correct moment in the music--it sounds like you are putting the \mark at the beginning of a measure when it should appear at the next bar line--and then ensure its break-visibility is set appropriately so the mark appears on the correct line. Consider:

%%%%
\version "2.25.13"

{
  \repeat unfold 3 { b'4 4 2 }
  \tweak break-visibility #end-of-line-visible
  \tweak self-alignment-X #RIGHT
  \mark \default \break
  \repeat unfold 3 { b'4 4 2 } 1 \fine
}